Benedict Cumberbatchs standout role in Infinity War has ensured his second solo outing as Doctor Strange is a blockbuster affair (at the bank).
The 42-year-old is said to have finalised a deal on the follow up to 2016s mystical MCU outing worth £7.4million.
Following on from Marvel Studios head, Kevin Feige, revealing that the sequel was in the pipeline at the company, Benedict is now said to have been offered a £5million pay rise, according to the Sunday Mirror.
Benedict has become a huge player in the Marvel universe, an insider told the paper.
However, it seems that his rising star in Hollywood and the Marvel Cinematic Universe spells bad news for fans of his other most famous role, Sherlock, as the source added:
But the nature of the shoot for the sequel means were looking at 2020 for the next time we see the sleuth in a full series – if it happens at all.
Earlier this summer in June it was revealed that that the Disney-owned Marvel Studios would be taking the Sorcerer Supreme for another spin on the big screen.
However, exec. Producer Feige did say that it may take some time for it to arrive – which seems to fit with the date above.
However, Feige seemed to allude that Doctor Strange 2 could be even further away, as he told Cinemablend: Sometimes its where do those characters pop up? [Doctor] Strange, you know, whenever we do another Strange [movie], which we will do, it will be a number of years from the first Strange, and yet hes a very big part of Infinity War.
Explaining why there could be quite the wait before we see him again, Kevin added: Its just a good problem to have when you have too many beloved characters that people want to see more of, whilst keeping to our core belief that we need to keep exploring nuance and keep doing different types of things.
Metro.co.uk has contacted representatives of Benedicts for comment.