Ugandan Knuckles is the nickname given to a depiction of the character Knuckles from the Sonic franchise created by YouTuber Gregzilla, which is often used as an avatar by players in the multiplayer game.
Ugandan Knuckles comes from from the popular character Knuckles The Echidna, which appeared in Sega’s cult classic, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 in 1994.
Ugandan Knuckles is a parody that resembles the Sega character and now there is a Snapchat lens for it to get your hands on.
The Gregzilla YouTube channel features numerous Ugandan Knuckles videos.
Other YouTubers started creating videos with the character, including the clip ‘Knuckles Sings.’
How To Get Ugandan Knuckles Filter on Snapchat
The character has received so much attention that people are now using it as a Snapchat filter.
A user on Reddit created a Knuckles filter people with the app can use. International Business Times have provided a step-by-step guide to obtain the Knuckles character filter.
- Open up the Snapchat app. It’s best to have the latest version of the app, since it might not work with older versions.
- Go to Snap mode and have the camera ready.
- Go to this Reddit page and grab the code. Users can do so by placing their camera in front of the Snapchat code (the yellow box with the Knuckles character in it), while at the same time pressing down on the Knuckles picture. Snapchat will then search for the code.
- A window should pop up afterwards which will ask users if they want to unlock the code or send it to friends.
- Tap on ‘Unlock for 24 hours.’ The option will allow people to use the filter for a whole day.
- Users can then start snapping with the filter. The Knuckles option should be the first to come up when choosing filters.