Movies

Priyanka Chopra drops out of Bharat and director pretty much confirms shes engaged to Nick Jonas

author image

Priyanka Chopra drops out of Bharat amid Nick Jonas engagement rumours

Priyanka and Nick are believed to be engaged (Picture: Metro.co.uk)

Priyanka Chopra has left the cast of Bharat – and it may all be down to a little question being popped.

Director Ali Abbas has confirmed that the actress will no longer star in the leading role of the action film, and in doing so, pretty much confirmed Priyanka is engaged to Nick Jonas.

Abbas tweeted: Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special , she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her …

Yes Priyanka Chopra is no more part of @Bharat_TheFilm & and the reason is very very special , she told us in the Nick of time about her decision and we are very happy for her … Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life ???

— ali abbas zafar (@aliabbaszafar) July 27, 2018

Team Bharat wishes @priyankachopra loads of love & happiness for life.

Advertisement

Advertisement

This came as it was reported by People magazine that Nick, 25, asked Priyanka, 35, to marry him while celebrating her 36th birthday in London.

Priyanka was set to reunite with frequent co-star Salman Khan on Bharat, which is a remake of the South Korean film Ode To My Father.

It began filming earlier this month, with a release date expected around Eid next year.

Salman Khan and Priyanka Chopra

Salman and Priyanka have worked together on a number of projects (Picture: AFP PHOTO/Sebastian DSOUZA)

It is unknown who will replace Priyanka as the leading lady, although online rumours are pointing towards Salman Khans ex-girlfriend Katrina Kaif.

Salman, 52, recently told Metro.co.uk that he is unsure if he will be able to film in the UK, despite parts of Bharat supposedly being filmed in London.

He said: I love the UK and performed in London and Birmingham last year. I even stayed back three days after the concerts were over.

More: Bollywood

However, I think, Ill have a problem entering the UK with my new conviction of five years.

In April, Khan was sentenced to five years imprisonment by a Jodhpur Sessions Court for poaching blackbucks (Indian antelope) during the filming of Hum Saath Sath Hain, dating back to 1998.

While Priyanka has dropped out of Bharat, she has been filming Isnt It Romantic alongside Liam Hemsworth and Rebel Wilson, and has signed on to the film Gustakhiyan.

Got a story?

If you've got a story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk Entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.

MORE: Love Islands Laura Anderson asked to be exclusive by Paul Knops and viewers hearts are bursting

MORE: Kristen Stewart joined by Brits Naomi Scott and Ella Balinska in Charlies Angels reboot

Advertisement

Advertisement

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.