Violence is exploding all over soapland and lives are left hanging in the balance. In Coronation Street, Billy Mayhew feels he has gone too far when his actions lead to Josh Tucker fighting for his life while Sean Tully is also the victim of a nasty assault. And over in Emmerdale, Graham Foster snaps and subjects Joe Tate to a deadly attack.
In EastEnders, Stuart Highway could be plotting something just as horrific as he lines up a sinister revenge for the Carter family and in Hollyoaks, Glenn Donovan turns nasty with Grace Black and makes his vengeful intentions clear.
Away from the fights, punch ups and attacks, there is also an emotional exit, a surprise pregnancy, a business arrangement, a new venture, a proposal, a shocking confession, a health worry, a flashback, a potential new romance, some devious flirting and a big lie.
Here we go:
1. Billy means well – but whenever he tries to do the right thing, it all spirals out of control. Lets not forget when his confession about the past led to him taking a trip over a cliff edge. This time, he warns Joshs new friend about his crimes – only for Josh to then end up in hospital fighting for his life.
2. The inquest for Aidan arrives and Johnny is relieved when Eva arrives with baby Susie. After they give evidence, Eva builds bridges with the Connors and prepares to make an emotional and final exit from Weatherfield.
3. Seans ordeal on the streets continues and as he tries to remain tough in front of fellow homeless person Karen, he ends up being beaten up in the public toilets. Carol takes him under his wing and introduces him to a homeless community on the Red Rec.
4. Sinead and Daniel have their eyes on the prize as they continue to prepare for their vintage clothes shop. But while they want to flog the old, its time to welcome the new as a baby discovery chucks all of their ideas into chaos.
5. Maria is hungry to develop and Claudia is just as hungry to wind Audrey up – so what better partnership could you imagine? But Maria needs funds – luckily Carla agrees to her business plan and offers to invest some cash.
6. The best way to run a pub successfully is to get pissed on the goods yourself so you get the authentic experience of your clients. It works for Gemma anyway as her trial day running the Rovers goes down a storm. Cheap cocktails all round, lads!
7. The secret to a strong marriage is to constantly lie and deceit – so says the Steve McDonald handbook named 7 weddings before your mid life crisis. So it fits that he is lying to Tracy in order to guilt her and wangle a season ticket from her.
8. Its the day of Hopes christening but this is a Slater affair so dont expect it to run smoothly. Kat being a no show means that a nervous Hayley has to step in as godmother. But she hasnt even got used to her future role as mother yet…
9. Mel is so keen to impress Mel that he is willing to take on workshy Hunter as an employee at Beales – but he soon regrets it when he is given the runaround. But as Ian is on the brink of sacking him, Hunter has a proposal that could serve both of them nicely.
10. Tina and Mick are relieved when an old friend called Dylan turns up in Walford and reveals that Stuart did the same thing to him that he did to Tina. But meanwhile, it seems like the sleaze-man himself is plotting some more tomfoolery…
11. We could count on one clenched fist the times that Jay has been lucky in love and thats not set to change anytime soon. It looks hopeful when his new flatmate Jessica bonds with him but when Billy makes a discovery, it all seems too good to be true.
12. As Hayley hits rock bottom, she ends up revealing to Jean that she is pregnant and Jean, not normally one for getting heavily involved in the matters of others, well admit, exerts the pressure on her to make contact with the father. She may change her tune when she realises who it is…
13. Billy meets up with Jays flatmate Jessica and asks her to leave but not reveal why she is going. Of course, this favour wont come for free, so Billy is soon meeting up with her to hand over some cash.
14. Sam has been hiding the truth about Alices death from Samson all of his life but when he learns the truth, he goes off the rails and lashes out at him. When Lydia tries to calm the situation, she is thanked with a tumble down the stairs.
15. After a series of flashbacks to his haunted past, Graham loses control and falls off the wagon. As he then picks a fight with Frank (dont even try and fight back Frankie boy, it wont end well), Joe intervenes and pays a very, heavy price.
16. Robert and Aarons path to engagement is turning out to be just as long as their path to a reunion – or it feels that way anyway! But after a few misses and misunderstandings, they finally get their moment. Time to buy those wedding hats yet? Ive had mine on reserve for two years now.
17. Rebecca has done a disappearing act and left Ross with all of those stolen cars to shift, which is a tad selfish, right? Ross is like the cat that got the cream when he finds the buyer. But things take a bad turn when Pete, Rhona and Cain get involved. And even worse when the police join the party too.
18. After being sent down the stairs by a regretful Samson, Lydia is fixed up in hospital but doctors notice a mole that they want to do further tests on. Lydia is deeply worried but knowing what this would do to Sam, she keeps quiet.
19. Bob makes a deal with Brenda – she can have the cafe if he can rake in a fraction of the profits. But when Bob forgets to inform Laurel of this arrangement, she is left red faced when she comes into the cafe looking for Bob only for Brenda to tell her, with no smugness whatsoever, that he no longer works there.
20. Chas and Paddy decide that they want their baby to have godparents so they turn their thoughts to who could fit the roles.
21. Glenn is determined to find out who Grace is sleeping with as apparently its okay for him to put himself about but not her – even though she kicked him to the kerb where he belongs. To hammer home his sinister point, he sneaks into the flat and takes a picture of Grace while shes sleeping. Shudder.
22. Its rave time for the teens and the party is going down a storm – until Romeo presents Lily with an origami swan (please, dude, make it bald eagle or an albatross next time, lets be original) and a lot of flirting. Lily holding up her wedding ring does nothing to put him off so hes clearly one to watch…
23. The rave also has unpleasant consequences for anxious Hunter who is overwhelmed after a turn of events. He then flees and ends up in the woods where he makes a very sinister discovery in the woods.
24. Simones eyes are widened for a very different reason as the sight that meets her gaze is a perspiring and topless Sylver who is working up a sweat in the shop. And despite previously hating him, she cant resist a flirt. Its amazing what rippling abs can do to change an opinion.
25. Ellie and Sami continue to bicker over baby names and Ellie is less than impressed when he resorts to trickery to get her to agree to the name he wants. So when he then runs late for their scan, will it be the last straw?
- Two naughty soap locals have done something they shouldnt together. And someone knows. Cue awkwardness – and a step closer to a very angry reveal. Yikes!
- Things are getting far too much for a troubled resident who is holding more than one secret. Can anyone stop them leaving for good?
- A trip out leads to a spooky series of events for a group of soap youngsters. The Famous Five this lot arent – this is some serious danger they may never come back from.
- One soap favourite is confused when he sees his BFF flirting up a storm with someone and gets the wrong idea. Which makes things more than a little complicated.
- Desperate to impress, a soap teenager takes on a dangerous and criminal job for a gang. And he could live to regret his actions in a major way.